Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Jack Reads Books- Aidan Wants to Hold You

Some people that do not know how good they have it. For example, NBA basketball players make an average of $5 million per year ($100,000/week), according to a NPR report I heard yesterday. Yet, the commissioner of their sport had to impose a dress code to actually get them to dress as if they have a cent.

At our house, things are going pretty well. We're all healthy, happy, and warm and in the past couple of weeks Jack has begun to read. Now he's not reading Harry Potter, but he does read simple, repetitive books by Dr. Seuss and the Berensteins. It's amazing. He's not perfect, he'll insert words at times, but he reads the words. It's not memorization of the story.

To top that off, when I got to day care this afternoon he untied my boot laces and then tied them. Just like that. This morning he couldn't tie shoes, now he can. This worries me a little. If he can tie his shoe laces he can probably tie up his brother.

Aidan is a different animal. He is seldom happy to be sitting stationary for too long. He is constantly on the move between toys, people, and snacks. At this age (21 months), Jack could sit for 20 minutes and watch Teletubbies. Aidan will not watch TV. He will only sit if he's playing, or if you reading with him.

When you play with him, he is contantly barking instructions at you or asking the same question over and oveer again. My favorite is when he wants you to pick him up. He says,"Daddy, I wanna hold you. I pick you up." I thought the second kid didn't talk as much.

No comments: