Sunday, August 5, 2007

For Only 23¢ A Day This Boy Can Have Arms



Jodi has often accused me of being "all Mr. Nice and sweet" in front of everyone only to turn into an ogre when it's just us. Maybe. But if that is true I blame my mom.

She is well known among my brothers for this. She would be frothing-at-the-mouth angry at us boys for fighting or breaking something or breaking something while fighting only to have the phone ring and answer in her sweetest, most compasionate voice, "Hello."

The boy you see above also fits this description. He may appear to have no hands, but they are there. And most likely they're holding something of yours you don't know is missing yet. At today's reunion the young master was at work.

Aidan climbed up the deck steps arms behind his back, blond hair bobbing among Jodi's gathered family. He tilted his head. He smiled. He climbed on Nana's lap. He told them "I want to go home with you." Collective "ahhs" were heard and "what a sweetie."

He has them all fooled. After they left Jekyll became Hyde. As I tried to vacuum the floor he repeatedly unplugged the vacuum cleaner.

"Aidan." I called out as I lost power. Power resumes and fails. "Aidan!" Power back and ... gone. "Aidan!!"

He also insisted on eating a granola bar as he toured the carpet I just vaccumed. Some nights bedtime doesn't come soon enough. Although he does look pretty cute sleeping.

No comments: